So everyone says “Twitter, “Twitter”, “Twitter” recently for social media stories, but how do you use them? These are what I use:
- Mixi (SNS/J): Japanese friends
- Facebook (SNS/E): Other friends + some Japanese friends
- LinkedIn (SNS/E): Career networking
- Seminar SNS (SNS/J): Members of the seminar at Uni
- UK Alumni Network (SNS/J): Importing blog only
- Twitter (Micro-blog/E&J): Small story and real-time story
- Blog (Blog/E&J,separated): Bigger story and self-log
- Booklog（Book blog/J): Not often
- Delicious (Bookmark/E&J): Partially sharing
- Last.fm (Music SNS/E&J): Auto-feeding from iTunes
I wish I could send Twitter feeds to all SNS at the same time, but Tweetdeck that I use now is only compatible with English, which means is not compatible with mixi at all. Even tweets from my Japanese friends can’t be displayed properly, ummm. Also LinkedIn can import Twitter feed but some of my tweets are too trivial and not related to career at all… I wish I had a client application that I can control where/what to tweet. Should I write it by myself?
By the way, still I’m not sure how I should use LinkedIn…Usually for business network, trust is important so information needs to be accurate. But online communication is usually not trustworthy, and considering security I always hesitate to upload my personal information. But it’s entitled as career networking so it might be easier to talk to someone who is not that close each other…? Anyway, I’m still thinking.
Regarding Booklog, Delicious, Last.fm, I have put lots of data as use of SAAS so I should use them more by forwarding the information to any other sites.
Anyway, it seems English social media is full of personal information without considering security… I assume lots of people are making money out of them.